Construction Project/Site Manager
South West: Cotswolds, Swindon, Bristol, Bath areas
Remuneration: £30,000 – £45,000 basic salary + pension and benefits (depending on experience)
Are you a Project/Site Manager seeking a new opportunity to help our rapidly growing business?
We are looking for an experienced candidate with a minimum of 2 years in a Project Management role; with either a trade or construction degree background. They must have a broad understanding of the construction process, from groundwork to final fit out and ability to oversee and deliver high-end projects ranging in values up to 1.5M. The candidate will have drive, enthusiasm and confidence, capable of both leadership and flexibility with good communication skills facing off to both clients and colleagues.
Responsibilities to include:
• Leading the management of multiple sites, with projects ranging in value up to £1.5m
• Ongoing budgetary management & reporting, including estimation of additional works and related client management
• Ensuring works run to budget & programme. Monitoring, updating & revising employee/project completion schedules
• Sub-contractor management including procurement, tracking and managing variations
• Establishment and maintenance of productive working relationships within our building team, developing trust and support for colleagues
• Effective management and use of operational information
• Procurement of materials & resources
• Quality control of projects
• Attending progress meetings with clients and design teams and reporting progress to Director
• Identification and pricing of variations to contracted works
• Documentation management
You will be working on a wide range of projects, from new builds and extensions to heritage and refurbishment. Customer service is crucial in that customer satisfaction enables the acquisition of future work. The project manager will work with clients throughout the project to review what work will be done and what work has been done. Typical projects are high-end renovations, chapel and barn conversions, heritage and restoration work. The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Ability to communicate at all levels with clients, suppliers and contractors – both written and verbally
• Good working knowledge of building control, compliance and Health and Safety
• Working within existing budgets and estimating any additional works
• Ability to orchestrate complex networks of suppliers and contractors
• Handle pressure and prioritise his or her own workload.
• Be a self-starter that works in a pro-active manner
• Have experience of supervising interior fit-out and/or building projects
• Complete projects on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
• Ability to stay calm under pressure and prioritise effectively
• Willingness to work ‘
Closing date of 25/10/18. Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
CMCCL is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, see our website www.custommadeconstruction.com